Motto: In pursuit of Excellence
Kingsway Junior Academy School is an independent multi-racial school and home for 3-15 years old boys and girls. It is built on a 9 acre plot, 4 km west of the Coastal tourist town of Malindi in Kenya, East Africa. In addition to the regular classrooms the school has a well equipped computer room, library, playground and excellent hostels for boarding students..
Teaching and Support Staff
Kingsway Junior School employs highly qualified and experienced staff able to meet every child’s academic, physical and emotional needs. We have well versed subject specialists who teach within the disciplines of sciences, arts, sports, drama, music and English.
Support staff comprises a well trained team of cooks, nurses, hostel attendants, secretaries, clerk, drivers and security officers. Two buses and school van ferry students to social outings and educational trips.
The Minors and Less Privileged
Besides enrolling children from able families, Kingsway has opened doors to children from poor devastated families and orphans. In part, our mission is to give hope to the hopeless in the society and to reverse the traditional culture of ignorance and illiteracy.
This is facilitated by material contributions and donations from well-wishers, financial institutions and non-governmental organizations.
Disadvantaged children and orphans enjoy our education, love and comfort in their new home, away from home-five meals a day, warm shower, physical training, guidance and counseling, socialization, responsibility and character development.
The school academic routine stretches between 7:00 a.m and 5:00p.m, Monday to Friday. We operate 8 x 35 minutes lessons with tea and lunch breaks in between.
The minors retire to bed at 8:00p.m and are up at 6:00 a.m.
Senior students retire to bed at 9:15 p.m with 2 hours private study session (7 to 9 p.m), Monday to Friday.
Indoor and outdoor activities are organized during week-ends with swimming and beach games every other Sunday afternoon.
- Integration, rehabilitation and character modification of destitute children.
- Inculcation of desirable habits and life skills.
- Early identification of individual talents and career stimulation.
- Training industrious, honest academicians and democratic leaders.
- Enhancing intercommunal, national and international cohesion.
- Respect for natural environment and active participation in conservation activities.
- Play school and pre-school students graduate to primary school class one at age 6 after a 3 year course.
- Primary School students learn 8 years and sit for the Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (K.C.P.E) at class 8 in November of the 8th year.
- All our Std 8 candidates qualify to join the best National and County Schools in the country at the end of Primary Course, and later join national and international colleges and universities for career training.
Kingsway Junior School has contributed very positively in improving the academic standard in Coast region since inception in 2004.